Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

So Fathers Day is a special day to recognize all the wonderful fathers in our lives! These are the wonderful fathers in my life!

My dad (Eagar)...
My dad is amazing! He really is. I've told Bob that one of my favorite things about moving to Ohio is the conversations I have on the phone with my dad. I love talking to him so much. I know everyone says "I have the best dad"...but I really feel like I do! He's so funny - especially when we play family games (like Malarky) -, he's one of the sweetest men you will ever meet, and he would do absolutely anything for anyone. (I shouldn't say he would. I mean he does). He's simply amazing! :) We love you dad Eagar!


Robert's dad (McBride)...
As each of us date and look for a companion, we always fear that we will marry into a family that we are just not comfortable with. I say this will all seriousness and honesty...I really don't know how I have been lucky enough to marry into the McBride family! I remember the first day I went up and met Bob's parents in Syracuse. It was probably around 8:30 pm when we got there. We all sat and talked and I just remember how comfortable Bobs parents made me feel. They have hearts that are so full of love and kindness. I remember another time eating out with them and some others, and I remember the conversation Robert, Mike (dad), and I had. I remember the feeling of complete acceptance from him. I really feel so lucky and grateful to be able to say that I also have the most amazing father-in-law! We love you so much dad McBride!

My hunny.... ;)
So I'm realizing that I just must be a very lucky girl. I have the best dad, the best dad-in-law, and I've married who I consider to be the best husband; who will also be the best dad to our children! Robert is my absolute favorite person in the world! He really is! I love every minute we get to spend together! He is such a gentleman and has always shown the upmost respect toward women, and I love him so much for that! He is my best friend, and I am so grateful Heavenly Father prepared a plan which allows us to be sealed for all eternity. Being with Robert forever means everything to me. I love you Robert! Happy Fathers Day!
..............from Averi also! :)

No comments: