And here I now stand ... mid February, with a "Happy Thanksgiving" blog. And so the 'eating my own words' begins now!
So where to begin? Truman is 8 months and has just mastered the infamous "Army crawl". He's awesome at it! It's pretty fun, but a little disappointing - as I now have to "baby proof" our stairs, dog food, other child, etc. But he's just the happiest little boy! In so many ways he is just so easy. He is such a joy in our home, and wow that boy is just curious about everything! Oh and his cheeks - that boy has the fattest cheeks, and they are edible! They used to just make is face perfectly round, but have recently taken a turn on us. Gravity kicked in and they now kinda hang off his face a little. It's adorable, and ya know - it assures us that he's definitely not starving. So we're good on that!
Averi is so fun right now! She is so cute with Truman and usually shares her toys with him. her favorite thing these days is "helping" me cook and make meals. Every meal she generally gets to help with something. she loves it, and I actually love it too. Probably cooking together every day would be the funnest thing we do together! She is starting to talk so much, and the things that come out of her mouth totally surprise us. The other day Bob and I were in the kitchen talking, and we overheard Averi counting from 1-15. She just rattled out her numbers in perfect order and Bob and I just laughed, totally unaware that she could do that! It's been fun testing her knowledge on things. She sings her abc's pretty well and she knows all her letters and the sounds they make. It's just so much fun seeing how "gluey" a child's brain is. It's like things just stick in there! Anyway, Averi has been great and really fun lately, she's growing up so fast and we just love that girl!
Bob and I feel super busy. We've actually had quite a relaxing couple of months, compared to right before the holidays when it seemed like Bob was traveling constantly. So it's been nice. This last weekend we shot out to Indiana to spend the weekend with family, and it's pretty much kick-starting our crazy, busy lives for the next 4 1/2 months. Bob graduates June 6th , and we got out the calendar and realized that we are only going to be to church in our own ward 5-6 times until his graduation. We are gone so much these next few months and we just feel so busy. I'm excited in ways because it will make the time fly by so fast, but at the same time, I don't know that I want it to. It seems like we've just waited and waited for life to come, for this big transition to happen - and for us it's our move to Colorado, but really the joy of it comes in the time that we are making those big transitions come about. That was a mouth full. It's just crazy that our 4 years of dental school here in Ohio are coming to an end. It doesn't feel real, and though I'm so excited, I know we are going to miss this. The simplicity of life out here!
Well we've got a ton of photo's from the holidays and the past 3 months, so here they be ...
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! It's so good to see pics of you guys. Your little Truman has the CUTEST, BIGGEST cheeks ever! And his smile is just as big. Your little ones are BEAUTIFUL. It looks like you are all doing well. We miss you and love you.
Cute cute kids Kimberlie, I can't believe how grown up they are looking! Crazy how time flies. Good luck with the next few months before graduation:)
Wow when you update you really update. I love all the pictures. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe that Bob graduates so soon.
Post a Comment