Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clove Searching

When I was younger I remember going to LaVerkin, Utah to visit my grandparents. When my Grandma and Grandpa were older were used to go to their house and sit on their lawn and search for 4 leaf clovers. We would find 4,5,6, and 7 leaved clovers and would flaten them out and save them in my grandparents huge Bible. It's such a great memory of my childhood.

Ever since I was a child I have always loved searching for 4 leaved clovers. I could sit for hours and hours to find them.

Today Bob and I went to a park and searched for cloves while Averi ran around and collected dandelions! We found over 30 4 leaved cloves and four 5 leaved cloves!

We were excited to dry them out, but they were pretty shriveled by the time we got back....

This next picture is WAY cooler than our 4 and 5 leaved clovers....

The world record is a 21 leaved clover....amazing!!!

Here are a few pictures from last Sunday...Averi loves smelling dandelions!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I remember searching for 4 leaf clovers!! I was never very lucky. I was lucky to find one 4 leaf clover, Averi is so cute in those pics. I love the one of her smelling the dandelion.

Clint and Aimee Cook said...

Cute pics of Averi...although Sadie sure looks a lot different....who's dog is that?

Kristy said...

fun! And, I love how big Averi is getting! Her dress is adorable!

Mike and Melanie said...

I remember that at Grandma and Grandpa's house! Such fun memories! I love the pics of Averi!

Hayley and Josh said...

Bob,

I seem to have lost your Ohio phone number. Give me a call. We're coming to Columbus in June. We'd like to see you.

Josh